Dr. Richard Lee Stowell, MD
BOARD-CERTIFIED ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON
Dr. Stowell is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in shoulder and elbow conditions, with procedures including arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgery. While minimally invasive surgery, arthroscopic procedures, and joint reconstruction are areas of interest, he also has an extensive practice in trauma and fracture management, as well as general orthopedic procedures.
After attending medical school at Virginia Commonwealth University, Dr. Stowell continued his training by completing both an internship and residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. After graduation, Dr. Stowell completed a highly competitive and sought-after fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery.
Over the course of his career, he has contributed many writings and articles and has worked extensively on product development. He has multiple patented orthopedic instruments as well as technique developments for new procedures that he has pioneered. Dr. Stowell has also received multiple awards and recognitions and served as an advanced technique instructor.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four boys, hunting and being on the lake.
In addition to English, Dr. Stowell speaks both Spanish and Papiamento.
- =Arthroscopic Shoulder & Elbow
- =Minimally Invasive Surgery
- =Complex Joint Revision & Reconstruction
- =Trauma & Fracture Management
- =General Orthopedic Procedures
- =Undergraduate: Utah State University
- =Medical School: Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University
- =Internship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hamot, Shriners Hospital for Children
- =Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Hamot, Shriners Hospital for Children
- =Fellowship: The CORE Institute
- =Dr. Stowell is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Personal & Hobbies
- =Fellow of The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- =Contributed many articles and research papers to the field of orthopedics
- =Resident Leadership Award
- =2018 Physician of the Year, WMC
- =Interpreter, Hope Alliance Humanitarian Project
- =Enjoys spending time with family, scuba diving, snow/water skiiing, hunting, camping and reading
If you are in need of Dr. Stowell’s professional services, please do not hesitate to reach out to our amazing staff.